The IBC Network Foundation strives to take reasonable measures to protect your information, this Policy is not a contract and does not create any legal rights or obligations. Rather, the following are guidelines for protecting your information. By using any of our sites and/or our services or otherwise providing us with any information, you consent to the handling of your information as described in this Policy.
Scope of this policy
This Policy applies to the information that we collect about you on any IBC Network Foundation website in which it is posted, which include the following situations:
- The IBC Network Foundation managed websites and mobile websites, including, for example, any support groups in which we run;
- Through IBC Network-managed mobile applications, such as the IBC Network App;
- Offline, including, for example, through a personal phone call to us, mailed donations, letters to us or to an official volunteer at an IBC Network sponsored event.
Information we collect about you
The IBC Network Foundation collects and maintains information, including personal information, about you directly from you (both online and offline), automatically when you use our sites and third party sites fundraising sites, for example First Giving. (www.firstgiving.com) We collect information from you when you make inquire, donate, contact us, complete a survey, register for events, participate in a promotion, or otherwise interact with us. The type of information we collect about you depends on your interaction with us, and may include, but not limited to, the following information:
- Contact information;
- Gender and date of birth;
- Payment information (e.g., credit card information);
- User and activity data from our sites and applications;
- Survey responses
Information we collect directly from you
Examples of the types of information we collect directly from you are described below.
When you donate to the IBC Network Foundation, we collect specific information such as your name, address, phone number(s), email address, and possibility someone that you are donating in honor of or in memory of.
If a donate is in memory of someone who has passed away, we will contact the family of the deceased person, (if possible) and inform them of your donation. The amount of the donation is not revealed, just the fact a donation was made by you in their memory.
If you make a donation to our charity, to our site or a third-party fundraising site, hosting a drive or us, we collect information. Information will include but not limited to Name, full address, phone, email, twitter user name, payment information and if you are part of a matching grant program.
Offline donations: Telephone, in person at event or by mail
To donate or transact other support The IBC Network Foundation we may collect data such as payment information, name, addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers.
At an event
If a medical or other emergency occurs while attending an IBC Network sponsored event, we may collect information, including but not limited to first and last name, contact information, date of birth, medical information, and may share such information with third-party medical or other safety personnel as necessary or advisable for your personal medical safety.
Due to the desire to protect your children’s privacy, we do not allow children under age of 16 at our events without a parent present. For safety or security reasons, we will never share your child’s image without written consent. Please note registration at physical events allows for pictures of said events to be used in our social media, however names are withheld.
Information we collect automatically
We and our third-party service providers may automatically collect information about your use of our sites through cookies, web beacons, log files and other technologies. Such information includes but is not limited to, the following:
- Domain name;
- Browser type and operating system;
- IP address;
- Web pages you view;
- Links you click;
- Length of time of your visit;
- Your activities on our sites including your movement through these sites; and
- Referring URL or webpage that led you to our sites.
Information we collect through our mobile application(s)
We may collect information from you when you use our mobile application(s), including, but not limited to: name, email address, payment information (e.g., credit card number, expiration date and billing name and address), if not already provided.
We do not store your billing information in order to facilitate your donation(s). If you sign up for a monthly donation, the time period you wish to donate from start to end time is set at the time of the first monthly donation. You have the right to cancel this at any time. We also may collect information automatically through your use of our mobile application(s) (through cookies, beacons or other tracking technologies designed for mobile applications), including, but not limited to, the following:
- Your domain name;
- Device ID or alternative ID where required by the platform provider;
- Electronic data concerning operating systems and computing devices/browser, including types;
- Features you use and links you click;
- Amount of time spent in the application;
- Installs and uninstalls;
- Transaction details and history.
Information we collect from third parties
We may collect information about you from third parties, as explained earlier in this document such as name, address, email, phone, and social media accounts. We do not mine for information and we never share your information with anyone or any companies, charities or institutions.
How we use your information
General – applicable to all sources of information
We primarily use your information, including personal information, to provide follow up for donations or to fulfill your requests for information. We may combine your information with other information that we have about you, that is publicly available and/or that we have obtained from third parties fund raising platforms. We also may use your information for the following purposes:
- For processing of donations or follow up on information requests. For example, if you lose your donation records, we can review and update you as needed.
- To improve your user experience. To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you; to offer customized location information, personalized help and instructions; and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using our sites or services.
- For operational needs and providing services. To carry out our operations and services and to facilitate your transactions or requests.
- For marketing and advertising. We may use your image, or a quote from you individually, that we maintain or collect from third party donation sites, for marketing and advertising purposes (via email, direct mail, telephone, web or other electronic advertising) and to send you news and newsletters. Specifically, we may use the information that we collect about you to send you email, direct mail, or telephone communications about our progress that might be of interest to you. We may also use your information to determine appropriate advertising channels and venues and to place ads on such channels and venues, including placing advertising on social networking sites.
- For surveys and promotions. From time to time, we may offer you the opportunity to participate in a survey or promotion. We use survey results for various purposes, including to enhance our services and sites and to develop improved promotions, and, if you provide your name, we may contact you to discuss your comments. Unless otherwise stated in the promotion or survey, we use the contact information that we collect through promotions for notifying the winner. If you win a promotion, we may request additional information for delivery of prize.
- To improve and maintain our sites and our services. We use your information to improve and maintain our sites and services, respond to user desires and preferences, for other research and analytical purposes, and for security purposes, including, but not limited to, protecting ourselves and users of our services.
- To protect our rights and interests, and the rights and interests of other users of our services.
- As permitted by law.
In addition to the foregoing, specific examples of how we use information derived from the following categories are described below.
The IBC Network Foundation
We use information that we collect from our donors of activities, including but not limited; to communicate with you on the status of a campaign, to notify you of any special events which you might interested; perform the requested services, such as delivery of educational materials; to process your transactions; to notify you about new research funding. We may use your information for marketing purposes, including sending emails or direct mail offers on services or products, including services offered by The IBC Network Foundation as well as those offered by third parties, which may be of interest to you.
We do not knowingly use information involving children known to be under the age of 18 for any marketing or promotional purposes, nor do we permit our affiliates, third-party sponsors or other third to do so. We use the information collected about children known to be under 18 only to provide services. We will give out personal information about children if required by law, for example to comply with a court order or subpoena, or to protect the safety and security of visitors and our sites.
Information collected from our mobile application(s)
In addition to the uses of your information described above, if you use our mobile applications, we may use your information to send push notifications (after requesting your permission to do so), such as updates on campaigns, clinical trials, or otherwise time sensitive events or information to your mobile device.
We do not collect your geo-location information
We may promote our sites via Internet advertising. If you click on such an advertisement, information such as your mobile device’s ID, as permitted by the platform provider, may be sent to the advertising network so that they and The IBC Network Foundation may track the effectiveness of our advertising. This information might also be used for frequency capping, estimating the number of unique users, debugging or security measures and protecting The IBC Network Foundation’s interests. You may opt out of the collection of such information by uninstalling the mobile application(s). Once the mobile application(s) has been uninstalled, all information stored in the application will be deleted, including any preferences you previously set or enabled.
Disclosing your information
The IBC Network Foundation may disclose your personal information to the following persons/entities:
- Affiliates. We do not disclose your personal information we collect from you to affiliates.
- Service providers. We may share your information with third parties that assist us and perform functions on our behalf. These entities may include technical support, website hosting, service/order fulfillment, customer service and credit card processing, among others. In some cases, third-party service providers, such as information technology and data processing vendors, data storage services, etc.
- Non-affiliated third parties. We may also share your information with third parties as necessary to complete your transaction or fulfill your requests. The IBC Network Foundation may also share your information with third parties for marketing purposes including but not limited to the third party’s own marketing or promotional purposes or other companies’ marketing purposes in order for them to present you with offers on services or products that may be of interest to you. We may share your information with contracted corporate customers as part of our management of agreements we have with them.
- Law enforcement/Legal processes/other uses. The IBC Network Foundation may also disclose your information: if required to do so by law, court order, subpoena or other legal process; as requested by a governmental or law enforcement authority; to protect the rights or property of The IBC Network Foundation, its donors, its sites or site users; or when we believe in good faith that it is in the interests of aviation security or that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable. In certain circumstances, The IBC Network Foundation third party service providers may be required to disclose information to government or law enforcement authorities
- Business transactions. The IBC Network Foundation as part of a shutdown of the charity proceeding, we will not transfer the information that we collected from and about you to any other entity.
- Additional notice for users of certain mobile websites. You may make donations using certain mobile websites. If you choose to use these sites, then The IBC Network Foundation will receive information from the third party about your donation and will exchange information with the third party to facilitate the transaction.
The IBC Network Foundation and our third-party service providers collect information by using technologies and methodologies, such as “cookies”, tags, web beacons or other similar technologies that enable tracking as you browse our sites. We use these technologies to authenticate you as a user, to remember your preferences for using the site, to present offers that may be of interest and to facilitate transactions, such as flight searches and purchases. We and our third-party service providers also use these tools to analyze use of our sites and our services.
Cookie. “Cookies” are small bits of information that are stored on your computer by your web browser. Web beacons or “pixel tags” are small strings of code placed on a web page or in an email message for the purpose of transferring information. Cookies and the other technologies discussed in this section allow us to recognize your preference information, to track your transactions and to facilitate effective website administration.
Local storage objects. We may use Flash Local Storage Objects (“Flash LSOs”) Typically, you cannot control, delete or disable the acceptance of Flash LSOs through your web browser. For more information on Flash LSOs or to learn how to manage your settings for Flash LSOs, go to the Adobe Flash Player Help Page, choose “Global Storage Settings Panel“and follow the instructions. To see the Flash LSOs currently on your computer, choose “Website Storage Settings Panel“and follow the instructions to review and, if you want, to delete any specific Flash LSO.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. These technologies allow us to recognize your preference information, keep track of your transactions and facilitate effective website administration. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We and our third-party service providers may use clear GIFs (also known as web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our sites and services to, among other things, help us manage content and compile statistics about usage. We and our third-party service providers may also use clear GIFs in HTML emails sent to you to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed and track whether our emails are forwarded.
In addition, some third-party advertising technology used by The IBC Network Foundation to deliver advertisements may use separate cookies and other tracking technologies. This technology may be delivered via visits to our website, email messages, apps or otherwise. Web beacons on some pages of our site, in conjunction with these advertising cookies and our other cookies, enable the third-party advertising technology to better understand onsite activity in the aggregate, to recognize a browser’s cookie when a browser visits this website, other websites or apps, and to learn which advertisements bring users to our site or our apps or otherwise take action.
Protecting information collected:
The IBC Network Foundation maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your information. When you place orders online to donate or access information, we use secure servers to protect your personal information, which is intended to encrypt the personal information that is transmitted between you and our sites. Although The IBC Network Foundation takes reasonable steps to safeguard and to prevent unauthorized access to your personal information, it cannot be responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorized access and The IBC Network Foundation makes no warranty, express, implied, or otherwise, that we will prevent unauthorized access to your personal information.
Your role in protecting your information:
To protect your privacy and The IBC Network Foundation proprietary databases and systems, you should not share any of your information, such as password, with any unauthorized individuals or third-party information aggregators that would allow them access to your sensitive account information. You should also take all necessary steps to secure your mobile devices and protect information you may have stored on them. We do not have control over the security of your mobile device. The IBC Network Foundation assumes no responsibility for the loss of information associated with security disrupting technologies, including but not limited to reverse engineering of mobile device applications or malware, that compromise The IBC Network Foundation mobile application(s) as a result of owner or third-party initiated changes to the mobile device. The security of that mobile device is the responsibility of its owner, not The IBC Network Foundation.
The IBC Network Foundation supports can opt out of receiving newsletters or promotion-related emails or direct mail by using the unsubscribe feature in emails or on physical materials. Emails sent to members will contain a message and link on how to opt out of that type of communication in the future. Regardless of your opt-out preferences, we reserve the right to send you emails or other communications for administrative purposes.
Other sites/digital channels
Our sites and our online services may contain links to third party sites. Any access to and use of such linked sites is not governed by this Policy but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third-party sites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third-party sites.
Legal effect and changes to the policy